Sun Liying (M.A.)
Tel.: (+49-6221) 54 76 77
- Visual culture in Republican and Contemporary China (advertisements, calendar posters, photography, artistic education)
- Body culture in China in a global context (visual representation of naked bodies, nudism, breasts-(un)binding)
- Print culture in China and in Europe (Chinese illustrated magazines in a global context, circulation and dissemination of print materials between China and Europe/North America, journal editors' cultural practice)
On-going Research Projects
- "In the Name of Beauty and Health: Freikörperkultur (Nudism) as a Trend in China (1920s-1930s)", research project for “Rethinking Trends: Transcultural Flows in Global Public(s)".
- Research on the journal Linglong (Linloon Magazine, 1931-1937) for the project "A New Approach to the Popular Press in China: Gender and Cultural Production, 1904-1937".
- Joint research on the journal Meiyu (Eyebrow Talk, 1914-1916) with Michel Hockx, SOAS, University of London.
Awards and Scholarships
- 2010: Poster Presentation Award for the project “Rethinking Trends” (B12) at the Second Annual Conference of the Cluster of Excellence "Asia and Europe in a Global Context".
- 2009-2010: Scholarship by the German Research Foundation through the project “Rethinking Trends” (B12) at the Cluster of Excellence "Asia and Europe in a Global Context".
- 2009: Travel grant by the Graduate Academy, University of Heidelberg.
- 2006: DAAD Scholarship.
- 2001: Hualin Buddist Scholarship, China.
- 2000: Qiao Wei Scholarship, Nankai University, China.
- 1999: Second Prize of “The First National Young Historians Award”, among BA students from History Departments in major Chinese universities.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von: CS
Letzte Änderung: 25.04.2016